Friday, December 26, 2014

M'ungry - Fresh Milk

When I was a kid we had milk delivered to our house. All the neighborhood kids absolutely adored Todd, our milkman, and would eagerly await Wednesday afternoons. He would let us climb up into the truck and ride along as he went through the neighborhood doing his deliveries. On his way out of the neighborhood he would drop us off and we would all scamper home. No this is not a scene from the 1950's. This was in a Seattle suburb in the 1990's! We had our milk delivered by Smith Brothers Farms and for the longest time I didn't know milk came any other way. The only downside of their milk delivery is that they don't deliver to condos and apartments. This fall we moved out of our apartment and into a house - oh the joy! I could finally have milk delivered again! It could just be the nostalgia, but I swear their milk tastes better than any milk I have ever purchased in a grocery store. Their farm used to be located in Kent, but now is in Eastern Washington. In theory I could take a day trip and go meet the cows that make my milk. Yum - locally sourced milk delivered to my doorstep. I wonder if they still let kids ride on the truck....

No comments:

Post a Comment